Saxifraga Alpino PicoteeID7408
- Position: full sun with a little shade during the hottest part of the day
- Soil: freely draining in winter, but able to hold some moisture during the warmer months
- Rate of growth: fast
- Flowering period: April to June
- Hardiness: frost hardy to fully hardy
This low-growing ground cover is a gorgeous sight from mid-spring to early summer, when the carpet of evergreen foliage is virtually smothered by the mass of bicoloured, pink and white flowers. A great plant for kicking off the growing season in a gravel garden or rockery, it also looks pretty when teamed with spring-flowering bulbs.
- Garden care: Cut back lanky stems after flowering. Water moderately when actively growing and avoid winter wet.
- Related Items