For Landscape enquiries please call 01279 792869 for a full quote
Cortaderia selloana 'Sunningdale Silver'ID7183
Dense silvery white plumes on strong, erect stems in late summer and early autumn are held high above clumps of arching mid-green leaves. This is a beautiful ornamental grass that makes a striking feature if given plenty of room in a sunny, well-drained spot. Supplied in approx 5 Litre containers.
- Position: Full sun, partial shade
- Soil: Almost any soil, grows well in Ballyrobert
- Flowers: August, September (flower heads keep structure throughout winter)
- Other features: Grows well in Ballyrobert, Royal Horticultural Society Award of Garden Merit (RHS AGM)
- Hardiness: H6 - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe (-20 to -15°C), Fully hardy - grows well in Ballyrobert!
- Habit: Tufted, Clump forming
- Foliage: Evergreen
- Height: 150 - 250 cm (5 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 100 - 150 cm (3.3 - 5 ft)
- Time to full growth: 5 to 10 years
- Plant type: Grass like
- Colour: White, yellow, green
- Goes well with: Shrubs and small trees like Ilex (Holly), Acer (Maple) and Cornus (Dogwood), but we also pair it with 'prairie' plants like Rudbeckia and other grasses.
- Related Items